HorrorSpeak----Spill Your Guts!!!!!!

General Horror >> Horror Music

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
kamikaze_zombie
Flesh Eater

Reged: 10/03/05
Loc: Canada
Re: Metal Fans? [Re: metalfingers]
      #160222 - 06/15/11 08:46 PM

This year i'll be seeing two massively awesome Norwegian black metal bands, Enslaved and Mayhem!

--------------------
Bruce Campbell has a P.H.D......in kicking your ass!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Knifey
Zombie

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Metal Fans? [Re: kamikaze_zombie]
      #160225 - 06/16/11 03:25 AM

Quote:

This year i'll be seeing two massively awesome Norwegian black metal bands, Enslaved and Mayhem!

Very cool!

--------------------
"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

ZombiesOn45
Walking Dead

Reged: 02/03/04
Loc: Arctic wastelands of WNY
Re: Metal Fans? [Re: kamikaze_zombie]
      #160229 - 06/16/11 08:22 AM

Quote:

Last night I saw thrash legends DEATH ANGEL!!

I caught some of Death Angel at Scion Fest back in March. They were ace.

--------------------
Say you love Satan!

My movie blog.

My DVD collection.

metalfingers
Rotting Corpse

Reged: 01/01/11
Loc: NZ
Re: Metal Fans? [Re: ZombiesOn45]
      #160234 - 06/16/11 12:48 PM

Been a fan of Mayhem for many, many years...Never seen them live though...shameful really.

Been listening to the New TOMBS record...Path of Totality! Right now the desired words escape me so I'll offer this simple review...fucking amazing!

While not a Black Metal outfit you can hear the pervasive influence of that music course through this band...particularly in the vocals and drums...

Can't wait for my Vinyl to arrive! Relapse promise a sweet pressing....

--------------------
"People? They're the worst!" - SEINFIELD

Edited by metalfingers (06/16/11 01:04 PM)

korosh1ya
Zombie

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: New Orleans, La
      #160237 - 06/16/11 01:40 PM

I tried out the new Tombs album but it wasn't to my liking. I'm not a big fan of the slow plodding doomy metal. And I just didn't like the overall production sound of it.

Sort of like Minsk and that other new band bloodiest. Very talented music, just doesn't hold my attention or meet my ear desire.

The new rotten sound on the other hand...holy fuck!

--------------------
the fragile waves of days they break against the shore of all these years...

metalfingers
Rotting Corpse

Re: Metal Fans? [Re: korosh1ya]
      #160245 - 06/16/11 02:47 PM

Fair enough man...Tombs is kind of like the perfect band for me...Big fan of Minsk as well and just about anything Bruce Lamont puts his hand to....

That said though...you are about 26 or 27 are you not...give it another 10 years or so and bands like Minsk or Neurosis(are you a fan?) you may come to love...back in my 20's slow moving doom and sludge, post-metal(yeah, there's those labels again!) bored the shit out of me...now it's what moves me the most Heavy Music for me now is about Dynamics...and a band like Neurosis have it in spades...Tombs have it...Isis(fuck the hipster tags) have it...and jeez...can of worms opened soooooooo... fuck all these hipsters I've been seeing at gigs over the last few years...insidous slime...whoa...got sidetracked by the hipster disease again...London is full of them! They tend to ruin anything great an pure....appropiate and trivialise...hijack...ahh hipsters!Anyway...what was I saying?

Maturity is a funny thing man...And I hope you don't take these comments the wrong way...but your taste's(from past comments and posts) seem to reflect my own back in those cherished years...and with that said though I have suffered an almost life long(from about 16) obsession with Black Sabbath so I guess it almost was inevitable that Doom would weave its tendrils through my very being! The space between the notes and riffs...

ROTTEN SOUNDS cursed I think we can both will both agree on though...those Fin's...they have got it you know! They have that insane technicality but it's infused with just enough groove - for lack of a better word! - which is real important for me. Soul in so much extreme music is lacking these days...find a way to merge the two and you have me for life...

Also...can't seem to get enough of Unearthly Trance's V and Red Fang's Murder The Moutains...won't leave my fucking turntable...two completely different bands...Love'em both dearly....Fucking Relapse...greatest label ever

Black Breaths...Heavy Breathing is another gem you may dig...I wish this record came out 96 or so...would have soundtracked my life for years!

--------------------

Edited by metalfingers (06/16/11 03:08 PM)

korosh1ya
Zombie

#160248 - 06/16/11 03:05 PM

Quote:

Fair enough man...Tombs is kind of like the perfect band for me...Big fan of Minsk as well and just about anything Bruce Lamont puts his hand to....

That said though...you are about 26 or 27 are you not...give it another 10 years or so and bands like Minsk or Neurosis(are you a fan?) you may come to love...back in my 20's slow moving doom and sludge, post-metal(yeah, there's those labels again!) bored the shit out of me...now it's what moves me the most! Heavy Music for me now is about Dynamics...and a band like Neurosis have it in spades...Tombs have it...Isis have it...and fuck all these hipsters I've been seeing at gigs over the last few years...insidous slime...whoa...got sidetracked by the hipster disease again...London is full of them!

Maturity is funny thing man...And I hope you don't take these comments the wrong way...but your taste's(from past comments and posts) seem to reflect my own back in those cherished years...and with that said though I have suffered an almost life long(from about 16) obsession with Black Sabbath so I guess it almost was inevitable that Doom would weave its tendrils through my very being! The space between the notes and riffs...

ROTTEN SOUNDS cursed I think we can both will both agree on though...those Fin's...they have got it you know! They have that insane technicality but it's infused with just enough groove - for lack of a better word! - which is real important for me. Soul in so much extreme music is lacking these days...find a way to merge the two and you have me for life...

Also...can't seem to get enough of Unearthly Trance's V and Red Fang's Murder The Moutains...won't leave my fucking turntable...two completely different bands...Love'em both dearly....Fucking Relapse...greatest label ever!

yeah, I was lucky enough to get a resound magazine in 1999 at a slipknot concert and the floodgates to truly heavy music were opened once I got internet access.

One of my top 5 bands of all time is Today is the Day, In the Eyes of God is beastly.

I am 27, and I didn't take your comments the wrong way, but I will make clear that I don't hate that type of music, it just takes a certain specific something to really make me a fan of it.

I got into neurosis back when Times of Grace first came out and was a huge fan of 2 or 3 of their albums, Isis' oceanic and panopticon are other albums I liked tremendously.

Minsk had me on the first track of their 3rd album but it just didn't hold my attention. A lot of times I'm not a fan of the vocalist and other times I'd just like a little bit of vocalization.

Bongzilla is a great doomy sludge, I own the first unearthly trance album and found them to be very promising but haven't kept up with them, same goes with baroness.

Grindcore is definitely where my tastes lie. I like a lot of varied music though, I can go from pig destroyer and agoraphobic nosebleed to metric and the yeah yeah yeahs. As for rotten sound, they remind me so much of Nasum, and I mean that in a good way.

the other semi-doomy sludge metal I really liked was Cough. That debut album was fuckin' sweet.

Face down in shit was fun while it lasted too

--------------------

korosh1ya
Zombie

#160249 - 06/16/11 03:11 PM

I'll tell you what grind CD I just can't get enough of is...it's a few years old now.

CAR BOMB - CENTRALIA

That album blows my mind with how good they are. I saw them live in a tiny bar stood in front of the singer and just howled every word with him. I was one of 6 people there. we shared a collective appreciation.

Converge & Dillinger have also produced some memorable moments for me.

I have a converge tattoo. I basically turned my right hand into the You Fail Me album cover hand. I got to show the singer after the show and that was great.

--------------------

metalfingers
Rotting Corpse

#160251 - 06/16/11 03:15 PM

Still big on Grindcore myself too...My life was forever changed seeing BRUTAL TRUTH back in 98...I miss NASUM too...shame what happened to that band!

Anyway..time to really show my age here...playing Zeppelin's House's of the Holy right now...usually smoke weed with Zeppelin but am well into a three month break....eyes close slowly...

--------------------

korosh1ya
Zombie

#160253 - 06/16/11 03:19 PM

Quote:

Still big on Grindcore myself too...My life was forever changed seeing BRUTAL TRUTH back in 98...I miss NASUM too...shame what happened to that band!

Anyway..time to really show my age here...playing Zeppelin's House's of the Holy right now...usually smoke weed with Zeppelin but am well into a three month break....eyes close slowly...

got ya beat by 6 months bro..damn job hunts.

i'm listening to tool - 10,000 days to see if I like this album or not

it never grabbed me, but i'm liking it currently.

--------------------

metalfingers
Rotting Corpse

#160254 - 06/16/11 03:25 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you what grind CD I just can't get enough of is...it's a few years old now.

CAR BOMB - CENTRALIA

Yeah..picked the vinyl(white splatter) up a few years ago on a whim...not half bad...took a while to grow on me though...been pretty quiet of late, heard a new album was in the works? One of the most underated bands on the roster!

Hated Dillinger's last outing...Ire Works on the other hand I fucking love and of course the early shit(cliche and all)...and still the live band to beat this days in terms of sheer ferocity and energy...I have seen them serveral times and am always bewildered...Converge? Never put a foot wrong...Probably never will.

You should check out a band called BLACK BREATH...record's called Heavy Breathing.. wish this record had been made 10 years ago...perfect melding of hardcore and metal. Old school in intent which may work against it for younger cat's...Balck Metal influenced as well...Southern Lord released(another great label) Embrace it young man!

Fucking Sleep calls...Shitty job(recession desperation) sucking lifesblood...

--------------------

Edited by metalfingers (06/16/11 03:33 PM)

korosh1ya
Zombie

#160255 - 06/16/11 03:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

CAR BOMB - CENTRALIA

Yeah..picked the vinyl(white splatter) up a few years ago on a whim...not half bad...took a while to grow on me though...been pretty quiet of late, heard a new album was in the works? One of the most underated bands on the roster!

Hated Dillinger's last outing...Ire Works on the other hand I fucking love and of course the early shit(cliche and all)...and still the live band to beat this days in terms of sheer ferocity and energy...I have seen them serveral times and am always bewildered...Converge? Never put a foot wrong...Probably never will.

You should check out a band called BLACK BREATH...record's called Heavy Breathing.. wish this record had been made 10 years ago...perfect melding of hardcore and metal. Embrace it young man!

Dillinger's Option Paralysis was a little better than Ire Works in my opinion. Truthfully I've never been a fan of the new singer on the albums though. Too whiney, reznor-ish for the grind. He's awesome live though.

I saw them in 02 at 3 AM in new orleans with the original singer and that was absolutely epic. I had to literally dodge Ben's guitar and thanked him for not splitting me open after the show.

Converge absolutely jams, I can remember just head banging noggin' to noggin' with the singer and people doing drum solo's on my back. lol. memories.

Car Bomb is definitely underrated, it's like a Patton project in the realm of Grind. Haven't heard anything about new material from them.

The other relapse band I highly enjoy, and actually used to talk with and get on the guest list is Dysrhythmia. Kevin Hufnagel is such an underrated guitarist, I showed up to about 2 or 3 shows before he said I didn't have to pay any more and to just call him in advance. It gave me the ability to see Dillinger for free once where my buddy got punched in the face with a guitar, it also led me to discover psyopus and behold...the arctopus. Both of which I think are highly talented.

--------------------

metalfingers
Rotting Corpse

#160258 - 06/16/11 03:51 PM

I live in Kilburn, London and missed the Dysrhythmia gig at the Luminare last year due to illness. I live about 1 minute from the venue on same road(Kilburn High Road)...I have only heard Physic Maps but was so impressed with the band I bought a ticket, but got some virus that put in me in bed in the middle of summer for about 7 days...oh well. Luminare has since closed down...shame...great little venue. Kilburn has now been tainted with an influx of hipster's...kind of like Brooklyn in your homeland....their fucking everywhere you know...ohhhh...there I go again!

Time for bed.

--------------------

Edited by metalfingers (06/16/11 04:06 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Savage 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 20757

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us HorrorSpeak